Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Friday, April 2, 2010

My Girl

I began a tradition when Kyndal turned five...I take the day off work on her birthday and we spend the day together doing her favorite things. Fortunately, her birthday so far has fallen during LPS spring break so it works out really well. This was our third year as she turned seven last week, and it proved to be a fabulous (and tiring!) day.

We went to the Y first and I squeezed in a workout while we waited for her favorite places to open up. After shopping for some new summer flip flops and then some art supplies from Michael's we hopped over to the library and picked up some chapter books. We were overdue in making this leap, she's a little bookworm like me! She paused to do the craft that was laid out, she never misses an opportunity to do something artsy! (And she didn't get that trait from me!)

After the library we stuffed ourselves at Valentino's. Neither one of us could finish our ice cream, we ate way too much! She happily took the balloon and suckers they offered her though. Unfortunately it blew away when we picked Corbin up from daycare :(

Finally for the highlight of the day, we spent the afternoon at Paint Yourself Silly. I had only taken her there once before, a couple years ago and we definitely need to go more often. She really is into arts, crafts, drawing, painting, etc. In fact, if you have any ideas for other places or things to do around Lincoln in that department I'd love to hear from you...I'm clueless in that area!
She picked out a barn bank for her new "western" room.
I'm not sure who looks forward to these days more....her or me?! And BTW, Corbin turns 5 this summer, I'm sooooo looking forward to starting this tradition with him too!

2 comments:

Micah and Darci said...

That is SO sweet. She is just beautiful.

agmommy said...

Happy Birthday Kyndal! Looks like lots of fun was had. She's growing up way too fast :)