Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Saturday, February 26, 2011

February In Review

I know, February isn't over yet, but it seems like we've already done so much this month and it's doubtful I'll get in another post by the end of the month :o)

Two weeks ago the whole family loaded up and headed to Corbin's Kindergarten program. He told us all week he was NOT singing "Old McDonald" because "it's a baby song!" I was nervous that it was the only song as he's pretty true to his word. The music stand is blocking the view but he stood with his arms crossed through the whole song and kept his lips shut!

The next few songs were much better, and as I looked around at the other kids I noticed a handful of other boys didn't do any actions, so I guess I don't have the only rebel at Roper!

I missed Kennedy's first week of dance and Kyndal's lesson of gymnastics, but the last two weeks have gone so well! They both love it....I signed Corbin up for swim lessons but he has no interest in going. (I am choosing my battles, and this one he gets to win!) I get to squeeze in a short workout and a quick walk with another Mom friend, Jodee. This weekend I think the whole family will find something to do at the Y to burn off some energy, especially with all this snow!

Little Chase keeps growing; he is army crawling and rolling all over to get where he wants. He gets up on all fours and rocks, it won't be long before he's venturing from room to room. This past weekend he chewed up a card from a game the kids had out. Here's his sweet little Valentine's shirt Aunt Erika made him. Little "XO's" on his shirt sleeves!

We have started "Project Purge" at our house. Room by room we (me) are going through everything (every drawer, cabinet, closet, etc.) and if we don't need it/use it, etc. it's being donated! And the room is getting deep cleaned as well. Tackling one room at a time is less stressful for me and I see more progress. So far we've checked off the kitchen and both bathrooms. This week: the living room.

With this in mind, as Valentine's Day approached, I knew Casey would groan if I brought in baskets of small goodies for the kiddos. So I splurged on something I knew they would love and play with (and Chase wouldn't eat). Even though I think they are overpriced, each kiddo got a Pillow Pet.
Kyndal had asked for a unicorn one (for her upcoming birthday), here's her heart shirt Aunt Erika made for her!
Kennedy is hiding her heart shirt; here's her bumblebee!
Corbin loves his puppy dog :o)
Chase's is now stashed safely in his closet so the big kids don't fight over it!
Happy Valentine's Day!!!
I am coaching Kyndal's basketball team, so unable to take pictures. Casey and the kids came last weekend and took a few for us. Her last game is this weekend, I am hoping to get a team photo. Kyndal is on the right with black shorts.
We are also in the planning stages of remodeling our upstairs bathroom. It's one of two rooms that yours truly has not painted in our house in the 4 1/2 years we've lived here. And it's way overdo! We have the new paint, countertops and cabinets picked out. I am looking forward to saying "good-bye" to the purple bathroom from the previous owners!

3 comments:

Jodee said...

What a fun February! Love the V-Day shirts and pillow pets. I scored K's pillow pet at Bed Bath and Beyond with my 20% off coupon! They are sooo overpriced!

Sorry we bailed on the Y this morning. We are trying to get out of town if my husband ever kicks it in gear! The rest of us are ready!

Kim said...

What an fun February! I love the pictures with the pillow pets. Alyssa can't walk by one with out sining the song. She has the dolphin too!

You sister is talented. She need to put up an Etsy store!

agmommy said...

That really cracks me up that he wouldn't sing Old MacDonald....and you got a picture of that defiance. Too cute! Pillow pets were a really great idea! Glad to see the girls trying out dance & gymnastics. Ashlynn started gymnastics about a month ago. Dance didn't work out so well last year with her health issues. The dance instructor moved away anyway. She loves gymnastics....I think it's great for girls. Remember when we took it in Burdett?