Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Part 1

I'm back! Not just in blog-land, but home too. We've been traveling. A lot. Like over 2500 miles in 3 weeks. That's a lot, especially with 4 kids 8 and under. But we all survived the 3 big trips we took within 4 weeks....and now it's time to tell about them!

Memorial Weekend was our shortest trip, if you call a 4 1/2 hour trip short, ha! We spent the weekend at my FIL's home and did plenty of relaxing and fishing (well, Casey did plenty of fishing.)

The kids always love going to Grandpa and Grandma's and it was nice to have the long weekend to enjoy it. Besides my two girl's weekends to Camp Kitaki, this was the first weekend Chase and I had been out of town since our trip to South Dakota six months ago. We were definitely due for the trip and it was a good trial run for the two big vacations we had planned for June.

One of my favorite things to do at their cozy home on the lake is to have a short photo session with each of the kids. I took several pictures of each of them by themselves, taking advantage of their beautiful landscape and unique props on their land.

Sweet and Sassy, Miss Kennedy...



Corbin...(yes, he's doing what you think he's doing...)


Kyndal Noelle...




Chase, always on-the-go these days!

As I mentioned, LOTS of fishing, check out Corbin's catch of the trip, "It was THIS big, Mom!":

Admiring their work...
Three generations of "Dee's" Larry Dee, Casey Dee and Corbin Dee
I will be back soon with Part 2, promise!

3 comments:

Jodee said...

Holy cow! I still can't believe the number of miles you went in such a short time! I am sooo impressed with your good little travelers. Our kids can barely make it to Altoona, Iowa! HA HA!

It looks like a fun and relaxing time with Casey's family! Cute pictures!

Joy Graham said...

Wow, you have such cute kids! I am Joy, it's nice to meet you. Looks like you have traveled alot and have a great time at it!-Joy

Kim said...

Great picture of the kiddos. I was telling Ben tonight that I can't believe how much we have in common with our love of camping and boating. Can't wait to get out there together soon!