Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May Wrap-Up

We just returned from a four-day weekend in South Dakota at Grandpa and Grandma's. Before I roll out a post on that, here's a snapshot of our last few BUSY weeks!

On Mother's Day we participated in "Baby Dedication" at our church. Our children will be baptized when they make the decision in their life to follow our Savior. When they are babies in our church, we have the choice to participate in a dedication ceremony in which we choose to lead them in their faith. We enjoyed celebrating on stage with our friends Clay and Maria Livingston and their baby, Catherine.


I was spoiled with several homemade gifts from my sweet ones...

A card and roses from our in-home daycare!

The card and my favorite chocolate.

A recipe book from Corbin, made in Mrs. Martin's class.

And art from my oldest! I love these kids, I'm the most blessed Mom in the world :o)
Chase has been busy with finger/table food. He gets pretty frustrated now when we try to eat something without sharing it. I'm pretty selective on what I let him eat still, so that just adds to his frustration :o)
Loves his Cheerios!!

We celebrated my sweet niece's 2nd birthday. Isn't her tutu adorable? I can't believe how much she has grown!!
She was all over the cake!!

So much to celebrate...the next day my nephew graduated from Malcolm High School.
And that evening we recognized my sister and BIL's 10th wedding anniversary. What blessings!

We have had many fun evenings just hanging at home too. Sidewalk chalk in the driveway, hikes and walks, lots of bike riding and baseball in the backyard. We have a very active family, so this spring/summer weather couldn't get here fast enough!!

We also spent a Saturday morning helping with a Food Band food distribution downtown. I have been trying to find ways for our whole family to volunteer together and after several months of mulling it over we decided to just try it out. Casey and I were amazed at the arrangement and how much food was given out to hundreds of families. All of our kids dove right in and kept busy the whole 2+ hours of the distribution.....Chase slept most of the time in his stroller :o)

The girls and I will likely help again this weekend while the boys head to Corbin's 1st t-ball game.

Speaking of.....Kyndal wrapped up volleyball last Sunday and the next day softball season kicked off at her 1st practice. I was surprised at how much the girls developed over the year. It should be even more fun to watch them this summer. Her games will be on Wednesday nights and Corbin's will be on Saturdays.

We have a couple big trips coming up, along with two birthdays. June will be even busier than May! Have a great week!!


4 comments:

Kim said...

What a busy month! You had lots to celebrate! I love all of the gifts from your kiddos, I especially like the way Corbin spelled frum. It has been great to see them at day camp the past couple days.

Jodee said...

I love how you always embrace your busyness! Your family has sooo much to celebrate! It looks like you guys are having loads of fun this spring/summer!

Jess said...

Hope you had fun in Estes!!

Our church does baby dedication in lieu of baby baptizing as well. What a special time.

I've been so behind on reading blogs lately. Enjoy your summer!

Jodee said...

Love, love, love your homemade gifts! Homemade gifts are always my favorite!

It looks like you guys are having loads of fun this summer. I can't wait to hear all about your big trips. We missed you last week!