Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to School!

Wowsers, I'm on top of it today! Chase is feeling much better, so it was back to daycare for him and Kennedy, back to work for me, and back to school for Kyndal and Corbin!

My 3rd grader actually whined when she found out I was planning to walk them to their classrooms and whined even more when I announced I was taking pictures too. Really?! I expected this in maybe 5th or 6th grade or earlier from Corbin, but not yet from her!

Our school is getting an addition as we are busting at the seams. Kyndal is once again in a portable this year. And with the construction going on, that place is a crazy zoo!!

We took a few pictures at home and then after dropping the little ones off, we parked a couple blocks from school and walked the rest of the way. Fortunately I wasn't the "only" parent taking pictures so she allowed one. And then after dropping Corbin off in his hallway she was totally fine with me walking with her to 3rd grade hall (I asked permission from her first LOL!) I can't believe I already have a 3rd grader!!

Little sister squeezed in for a pose!
Sooo excited to have her own backpack!

My big kids!
Let's go Mom, people are watching!

1st grade hall

Too cool for the camera

Their first day was a success! They both seem to like their teachers, they actually both also had art today. Corbin will be having homework pretty much every day....that will be an interesting challenge for us! Kyndal loves that she gets to take her own snack to school and she is on one of three teams competing each week to rack up points for their Friday celebrations. And Corbin proudly announced when he got home "no safe seats today!" Looks like we have a great start to the year!

How was your kiddos first day of school this year? Please share!

2 comments:

Jodee said...

Holy cow! I can't believe Kyndal and Carson are in 3rd grade this year! Where do the years go? Carson completely ignored me when we dropped him off -- no kiss, no goodbye, no nothing. He sat next to Kyndal just like old times!

It sounds like you are off to a great start!

Kim said...

As they get older I still think of us preganant with them. It doesn't seem like that long ago.

Hooray for now safe seats that is the first thing Alyssa said to me too. A good day for both kiddos in our family!