Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Monday, August 8, 2011

Barrel of Fun!


Chase's first birthday came way too fast...why does that first year fly by?! Even though the actual planning for the party started just a few short weeks before his birthday, I had a theme in mind months before. We often call him "monkey" and he has a few monkey inspired items in his possession (shirts, loveys, stuffed animals.) And who doesn't love monkeys?!

Aunt Erika of course made an adorable celebration shirt for the big day. Her creation determined my colors for the party...red, brown and gold.

The front door sign. I found the cute monkey paper at H*bby L*bby.Right inside the door I posted his month to month pictures. I will show an up-close version in a later post.I made this name block for his room. The monkey and bananas will be removed though. And I asked the guests to sign this 12x12 paper, it will go in his first scrapbook.

The birthday banner...my first one and it was super easy. I had this leftover rope from a project I did a few years ago, and the "vine" look fit perfectly!

Entertainment was easy...the older kiddos naturally gravitated to the toy room downstairs and the babies and toddlers busied themselves in the living room and with each other.
I found these cute baskets on clearance at W@lm@rt. They were perfect for the burgers and veggies we served up!

Kid friendly Jungle Juice!
Chowing down!
The treats!!! I posted my favorite pictures of Chase from the past year behind all the goodies.
We had "monkey chow", "banana taffy", "monkey vines", "monkey sticks", "banana nut cheerios"
Here is our sweet birthday boy, Chase!!

See his cute little monkey tail on the back of the shirt?!

Chase's smash cake and birthday hat, made out of the cute monkey paper

We had a banana split bar and monkey cake pops in lieu of a cake, they were a hit and fairly simple to make!Almost too cute to eat (almost!!)

The hat lasted maybe 30 seconds, ha! Long enough for a picture.

The moment we've been waiting for...

Time for the gifts; he was infatuated with this bow. He stole it early in the party and played with it the whole night.Chase and Lora, our daycare provider and good friend!Chase, Grandma and Aunt ErikaSo many sweet gifts!A monkey blanket from Grandma and Aunt ErikaA new winter hat crocheted by Maria!Thank you gifts for our guests, "Five Little Monkeys" books for the babies, a monkey matching game for the toddlers, and monkey notebooks, pencil boxes and markers for the big kidsAnd each family received a loaf of banana bread!
Catherine reading her new monkey bookThis little monkey fell asleep. He partied hard and is now snuggling with his little monkey lovey! Happy birthday, Chase, sweet dreams....I love you little monkey!

2 comments:

Micah and Darci said...

You are amazing. You might need to consider a second career as a party planner!

Jodee said...

It looks like your little monkey had fun at his birthday bash! Cute pictures!

What a fun theme! You did a fabulous job! I can't believe how fast you put that together. You make me look sooooo lame!