Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Weekend Wrap and Camping


We had intended on heading to South Dakota for a 4-day weekend, but decided Wednesday we just have too much going on. I'm so thankful we are home, I have already accomplished so much in the last two days and had plenty of downtime and fun in the meantime!

Yesterday I sorted and entered clothes for the upcoming consignment sale and I took Kennedy to Wahoo to meet up with Grandpa....she is spending the weekend with them and was sooo excited! Then I enjoyed dinner with my MIL and SIL, to celebrate my MIL's birthday. We came back home to a surprise party from the grandkids :)

Today I started decorating Corbin's new Husker room....I love how it's turning out! Then we headed over to Craig and Erin's to watch the 1st Husker game of the season. Go Big Red!!! Chase is tuckered out, so while the rest of the fam is still hanging out over there, he and I headed home and he is now sweetly sleeping. Time for some me-time!

Here are some fun pictures of our camping trip last weekend. We had loads of fun with the Pair's and the Leader's. Casey and I both agreed that the trip should have been longer though. We went all out on what we took including toys, boat, bikes, food, etc. and the trip was just too short for the time and effort we put into it. So, Kim and Jodee----next year, maybe a 3-4 day trip to Big Mac will be better suited for our crews! (And anyone else who wants to join us!!)

Kim made the kids pizzas, yummy! Now that we have a set of sandwich makers of our own (thanks Jodee!) I will be bumming some recipes off of Kim!

The kids did lots of camper hopping....ours became the slumber party spot for the girls.

See the boys under the camper? This was their hide-out while spying on the girls!

Doing hair and make-up the next morning!

I threw this toy in at the last minute since we brought the kids' bikes along. I was hoping it would entertain Chase some. He seriously putted around with it a good part of the weekend!

This picture cracks me up! Kennedy was carrying this tube around and started running while I was taking pics of her. She tripped and I caught the perfect picture of her tumbling!

More teasing going on between the boys and girls!

Cory, AKA Chef Daddy, made us some super breakfast burritos. One thing is for sure, we eat good when we camp!

Time for some boating! We loaded up on our pontoon and headed for the lake and beach!

Ben and Kim pulling up in their boat!

The girls got busy playing in the sand!

Hanging out in the tube!

My sweet little Chase
Corbin took a turn on the tube :)

Playing a little Bag-O

More camper-hopping!

And more food!

I finally got to try one of Kim's famous campfire pies....yummers!!

Sooo glad I brought his high chair this time! Last time we tried to use the bumbo which was worthless!

All the crazy kiddos!

Almost escaped the weekend without injury....Kyndal scraped up her toe while riding her bike

Waiting for Daddy to pull the boat up for our last boat ride

Chase takes the wheel! I promise I put his life jacket on right after this picture!!






2 comments:

Kim said...

Awesome recap! So awesome that Jodee got you some irons, we came home to a camping tub. She is sooo thoughtful! We will defiantely be set for our next trip, 3-4 days at Big Mac sound good to me!

Jodee said...

We had loads of fun camping with you last weekend and we are definitely in for a longer trip next year. It's too much work for 36 hours! HA HA!

Love the camper hopping pictures and the boys spying on the girls! Hands down, the kids had a blast!