Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Monday, October 12, 2009

Project Serve

Last year several church's in Lincoln began an annual city-wide community service project, "Project Serve". It didn't work out for us to help last year but I was determined to serve this year. I've been looking for ways to get our family involved in service and helping others and this was a great opportunity.

Unfortunately, the weather didn't agree with our plans. We woke up to snow on the ground and freezing temps. The project I had signed Kyndal, Corbin and myself up for was at Roper Elementary School (which Kyndal attends.) We could have easily bowed out, but there was work to be done and we had snow suits and coats to break in for the year!!!
I didn't take my camera, but I was really proud of the kids. They both jumped right in and were great helpers for the first hour. We spread three huge piles of mulch around trees and on the islands. We started out as the only family there (out of 9 that had signed up!) but slowly recruited others from other local projects to help us finish the work. We finished in a little less than 2 hours. We arrived home to find Casey making us chili and cinnamon rolls!

2 comments:

Kim said...

That is awesome! I have seen the shirts and wondered what they were all about! I think it is great to get kids involved young with serving others. It sounds like you a great time despite the weather. I bet Casey scored some points with a yummy lunch too!

agmommy said...

Super way to get the kids involved! I bet it was really cold...but taught them a good lesson in the process :)