Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Saturday, July 24, 2010

4th of July

Yes, I am going to get caught up eventually! I have actually been reading more lately, one of my passions that I usually deny myself and lately have been splurging. So....more reading=less computer time!

We had planned to go to my hometown for my 15 year high school reunion over the 4th of July weekend and be back in time to celebrate the evening of the 4th in Lincoln. But I decided that at 8 months pregnant and having recently been on two long trips (both included some hot weather) staying home sounded much more appealing. Our good friends, the Wyatt's, were in town for the weekend and I had plenty of "nesting" to do too. (More on that in a later post if I don't get tied up in another novel!)

We enjoyed a low-key but fun weekend, lots of fireworks and food and most importantly family and friends! Even with the rain on Sunday, our fun wasn't spoiled. Instead of meeting everyone to play some sand volleyball, we decided to potluck it at our house and then head over to Craig and Erin's for fireworks. At the last minute Casey decided we should take in the parade in Seward. No planning = no camera! So I didn't get any pics of the parade but the kids are still enjoying the sack full of candy that serves as proof that we were there! And I have plenty of pics from the rest of the weekend for you to enjoy:

Max Wyatt enjoy a turkey leg!

The go-cart and 4-wheelers kept the kids entertained at our house. Corbin took Max for a little ride.
Nate takes a turn at the wheel with Max and Ellie

Kennedy struggled a little with sharing...she thought she had to be a passenger if she couldn't drive!
Ellie got stuck, Kennedy gives her a little push


Corbin and Kennedy, going FAST
Charity took the little girls for a ride. Who had more fun?

Sporting his new mohawk and flag
Very few pics of Kyndal; she spent most of the night indoors (not a fan of fireworks!)Kennedy and her sparkler

Addison

The boys, blowing things up
Hurry, get out of the way!
Jimmy and Ryder

The Wyatt's

3 expectant Mom's! Me in August, Erin in November and Erika in September!
Enjoying the big bangs

2 comments:

Jodee said...

It looks like you had a fun and relaxing 4th of July!

I just went to my 20 year class reunion last year so you are making me feel old!

We are looking forward to Baby C/K's arrival! You are such a trooper!

Kim said...

What a fantastic 4th! I bet you were glad you opted to stay put and let everyone come to you.