Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Birthday Boy Part 2

On Corbin's actual birthday we enjoyed some fun traditions. The first was that he woke up to a present at his place on the breakfast table. It definitely got his day off to a great start!

His "breakfast present"----a Husker football costume!

Starting with their fifth birthday I've decided to make the tradition of taking the day off work and spending it with them. I had a meeting that morning so I had to work until 11:00, but we still had plenty of time to do many of his favorite things.

We started the afternoon off by meeting up with Daddy at Applebee's!

His birthday dessert after being totally embarassed by the Applebee's birthday song!

Then it was off to the Children's Museum!

He looks so LITTLE here!

He wanted to go to the park SOOO bad. The heat index was over 100, but it was HIS day so I agreed. I was secretly glad when less than 15 minutes had gone by and he was ready to find some a/c! I suggested the library and his face lit up.....

After doing some reading and signing up for the summer library program he took me up on my idea to have a water gun fight at home. He still naps at daycare so he dozed on the way home.

We broke out his new water guns and super soaker...I think this was his favorite part of the afternoon with me. It was the perfect way to cool off and end our special time together :o)


After dinner it was time to open his gifts from us. Another tradition, we like to have them open their gifts from us just as a family.

A new t-ball bat.....now he doesn't have to borrow big sister's pink bat!

The grand finale, a new bike! He busted out the tools and took off the training wheels himself. I forgot they were on there when I bought it.

Taking a spin....Happy Birthday, Corbin!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love your birthday traditions! One on one time is great and you made the most of it. What a big boy taking off the training wheels himself.

Jodee said...

I love, love, love all of your birthday traditions! I also think one-on-one time is soooo important and I can't think of a better day for it! It looks like Corbin enjoyed his royal treatment! Cute pictures!