Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Friday, July 16, 2010

KC's Creation

M&M Time:



This spring I formally started something I've been wanting to do for awhile. With the baby due just a few months away I felt like I needed to purposefully schedule in one-on-one time with each kid at least once a month. We already naturally split the kids up frequently, but it seemed like I rarely did something with just Corbin and with the baby on the way I didn't want to slip in a routine of never having that special time with the others (which is pretty typical for me during babe's first year.)



The kids LOVE this new tradition we have, it's called "M&M Time", (Mom and Me Time)... like I mentioned we squeeze it in at least once a month and it's often not scheduled but we do stay pretty fair in taking turns (they make sure of it!) We have done a variety of things already and I'm not sure who has enjoyed the outings more! And I have to admit we've squeezed in some "errands" along with the fun stuff. But what I've found out is that they enjoy that part of it too, I don't think the "what" is nearly important to them as the "time" that they get me all to themselves!



Here are some things we have done:



Kyndal: literacy night at Roper, ice cream at the Dairy Sweet, run to Walmart, slush from Sonic



Corbin: trip to the park, stop for ice cream, trip to Hobby Lobby



Kennedy: shopping for horseshoes for her new room (and got to hold baby chicks!), trip to Runza, playing at the park, grocery shopping at Russ's including her own package of M&M's!



I am looking forward to the many years ahead of this tradition...and I welcome new ideas in your comments!

2 comments:

Jodee said...

Both Cory and I think one-on-one time is soooo important too! Kamree and I recently had a girls week and we had sooo much fun! We went to Pioneers Park, stopped at the Dairy Sweet, got manicures/pedicures and played at the new splash park in T town! It looks like you and your crew are off to a great start!

Put your feet up and enjoy the weekend!

Micah and Darci said...

Jonah and I are going on our first mother/son "date" in a few years in two weeks. My birthday gift from him is tickets to see The Sound of Music at the outdoor theater near us. We're excited!