Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Memorial Weekend Memories

We started our Memorial weekend a little early this year. We headed out of Lincoln on Thursday after work with a trailer in tow...full of 4-wheelers. A family friend towed our camper for us and yet another family towed our boat. I think we ended up with enough toys for everyone! Our mission: 4 nights/3 days of camping at a new campsite for us, Harlan County by Alma, NE.

I lost track of how many families we met up with there...I will try to remember, but forgive me if I forget someone! From Lincoln, us, Branch's, Whitmore's, Guernsey's (my sister), Emily Wyatt, Cooper's and Whiting's (SIL); from Omaha, Sara Kelsey; from Gothenberg, the Wyatt's; from Ogallala, the Jones's; from KS, Cramer's (my sister.) And a friend of a friend from Denver. In all, there were over 20 kids, CRAZY!!!

I am not a "born camper" but my husband is and my kids love it too. I enjoy it for the most part, though at this stage in our lives (with such little kids AND being 7 months pregnant) it was a lot of work. The weather could have been worse, but I was wishing the water would have been a bit warmer. I spent the two 90+ degree with 25+ mph wind days under the shade of our new "Easy Up" constantly counting kids heads, catching up with my family and friends and working on a cross-stitch picture for the new baby. The third day was more bearable, in the low 80s :o)

The boys had plenty of recreational time, exploring the trails on their 4-wheelers, fishing and tubing. All in all it was a great trip, with plenty of new memories. Definitely the biggest group we've ever camped with and we would definitely recommend the campsite. It was the perfect meeting ground for all of our families.

Kennedy helping Daddy make some eggs for breakfast the first morning.

Trying out the new picnic table I found for them at a garage sale this spring!
Little Kennedy and Miss Ellie Wyatt....these two were so cute together!
We spent HOURS at the park in the camp. There was good shade and good fun. The kids took turns burying each other in the sand. Here it was Addison Wyatt's time. I'm still trying to get all the sand out of the girls' hair!

The water was a bitter 55 degrees, brrr! Too cold for my toes but it didn't faze the kids much!
Corbin, Kyndal and Tucker Wyatt playing on the beach.
Kennedy and Addison playing with the beach toys.
Kyndal, dumping a bucket of water on herself. Bet that was refreshing!
Kyndal and Tucker Wyatt teasing each other.
Kyndal and Addison exploring
Ashlynn, Corbin and Kennedy in the tubes; Kennedy is NOT a happy camper here!

Corbin trying to reel one in!

A nightly ritual of s'mores. My kids didn't make it long past this each night, they were begging to hit the sack every night. They never do that at home LOL!
More chocolate please!

2 comments:

Kim said...

What a fun trip! Do you have a pop up or a travel trailer? What kind of boat. Ben would love to have a boat we had one when we were first married. Good for you for being such a trooper. I am not sure that I could do it.

I hope Kyndal is having fun at camp and that you are surviving. Talk to you soon!

Micah and Darci said...

I always love to hear camping stories! Cute pics!