Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Friday, June 18, 2010

Reconnecting

Two weekends ago we set off on another long weekend trip, to the hills of Missouri and Iowa... I was born in a small town in Missouri (Unionville) and much of both sides of my family still live in the area. My Mom's Mom lives on the Iowa side of the state line and my Dad's Mom lives on the Missouri side, the towns are only 12 miles apart :o)

We try to make it back for a small reunion on both sides each summer with as many of the aunts and cousins that can make it. Both sides had a decent turnout this year, and both my Mom and Dad were able to come for their respective reunion.

Grandpa Owen helps my niece Ashlynn and Kennedy on one teeter-totter and Kyndal and Corbin are on the other. My Grandma's house is the tall one in the back of the picture. We spent many, many days playing at this park growing up! It's fun to see my kids now find the same pleasure in it.

We hauled our camper to sleep in. The first night it rained 3 inches with a major thunderstorm. Needless to say, I didn't get hardly any sleep that night. The weather wasn't the greatest there. It is SOOOOO humid and it was in the 90s all weekend. It didn't slow the kids down though!
After the fun at the park, Grandpa Owen got ambushed by the grandkids, they thought it was totally cool that he rolled around in the grass and let them throw weeds and grass on him! He headed to the shower after that escapade!


Ashlynn, Kyndal and Megan, at our "wiener roast" at Aunt Lora's
Me and the kids, my Mom and my Grandma Lowe
Off to the other side, reunion at Aunt Leota's (Dad's side) Here is Kyndal with little Lizzie!
Kennedy was in heaven with the little puppies. My Aunt breeds boxers. Thankfully, they were only 4 weeks old, not old enough to be taken home LOL I'm sure one of my girls would have found a place to stash one otherwise!
Lots of card playing transpired
Corbin swinging Nikki in the hammock
More puppy pics, she was so sweet, treating them like her little babies.

My Dad, Grandma Cooley, me and my sisters
All the grandkids (that were present) on the Cooley side

3 comments:

Micah and Darci said...

Great pics! Looks like fun!

Kim said...

I enjoyed your post after hearing about it from you. I LOVE the picture of Kennedy with the puppies. Happy decorating this weekend!

Jodee said...

Family reunions are soooo much fun. It looks like the kids had a blast! I still can't believe you got out of there without one of those adorable puppies!