Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cowgirls Only!

Kennedy moved downstairs with Kyndal about a month ago when we found bunkbeds for them. I've been spending much of my free time this spring making things and shopping for deals to dress up their room....cowgirl style. It's hard to see the colors and detail in the pictures, but we love how it turned out. I have just a couple finishing touches left, but it's close enough to done to count!

I mixed the girls' favorite colors (pink for Kyndal and yellow for Kennedy) and it turned out pretty adorable. Now I need to turn my focus to the baby room and getting everything ready. Nesting?!

I found the pink paisley material at Hobby Lobby and made the curtain. I'm not handy with a sewing machine, so the fabric glue I've discovered came in handy! All the little wall hangings and picture frames on the dresser were from there too....I scored on a half price sale! You can't see them, but there are also little yellow stars on the dresser knobs.

The hats I found for a couple dollars each at Goodwill!
And the pencil cups were from HL. Kyndal especially loves the new horse border that wraps around the room.


I was hoping to run across some old horseshoes to use but didn't have any luck. So I bought some new ones from the Tractor Supply Company and painted them yellow and pink.

The stick horses were from the Dollar Tree!

My favorite part is how their wooden names turned out. Kyndal insisted that they be hung by their beds and it turned out to be the perfect spot. I was worried that they would mess around with them, but they've done a great job of keeping their hands off.


I stole the idea from my SIL of using some of the leftover paisley fabric to dress them up and ribbon to hang them. Definitely helped personalize the space. Thanks Erika!


4 comments:

Jodee said...

Yee haw! It looks like the girls love their new makeover! I love all of the little details -- especially the painted horse shoes! You are so creative! Both our kids have the wood letters too. They are sooo cute!

Happy Nesting!

Kim said...

I love how it turned out! I especially love the letters and the horseshoes. You have inspired me to get in gear and do my kids' rooms. Great job!

Jess said...

LOVE it! Their room turned out great! One of these days I need to get my oldest's room painted. We moved her to the basement a few months before our baby was born too. Good job!

Together We Save said...

Looks very cute!!