Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Project Purge

This winter I began working on ridding our home of unused items and clutter. In January I decided to make my plan of attack as simple and approachable as possible. I decided to focus my energy (and enlist Casey's support/help) on one room at a time.

One week per room seemed feasible for most of the rooms in our home. I'm pleased to say that we've (I've) done pretty good so far. I'm taking the opportunity to deep clean the appointed room-of-the-week as I go too. Casey hasn't helped with the actual project as much as I hoped, but has helped with specific projects when needed and entertains the kids if I'm working when they're awake :o)

So far we've crossed off the kitchen, Corbin's room, living room, and both bathrooms. We took a week break when Corbin broke his arm, then for the girls' birthdays, a week to prepare the clothes I wanted to sell on a local consignment sale and currently on another break as we're tackling a bigger project....

Remodeling our upstairs bathroom! This is a project we were hoping to tackle all winter just couldn't find the motivation. Then one day I decided to see how hard it would be to peel off the wallpaper border. Before I knew it I had the whole thing off. Evidently that sparked Casey as we soon found ourselves at Home Depot picking out new tile, a toilet and accessories! He ordered the new cabinets and countertops and we were on our way to a more modern space.

So far it's been a pretty easy process, but it's starting to drag out......I'm ready for it to be done! The cabinets, countertops and toilet are installed. The tile is down but needs grout. I completed the painting this week. New mirror and hooks are up (can you believe we went over a week without a mirror?!)

So hopefully the space will be complete soon so I can resume my "Project Purge!!" Here's some pictures of our progress....

Good-bye purple flower border, you will NOT be missed!

The border matched this still existing shower curtain. Soon, it will be retired!

Installing the new cabinets/countertop. I'm so blessed to have a handy-man!!

The white is disappearing....no more white cabinets or trim, yay!!

White trash??? Here's the old sink, cabinet, etc. ....on.our.deck. That's how Casey rolls!

2 comments:

Micah and Darci said...

Good for you! I love purging too! We also love home remodeling projects, and look forward to returning to that one day. For now, we're enjoying being able to call maintenance when we need something fixed!

Jodee said...

You go girl! I wish I had your motivation! I need to get busy around this place!

Love your new bathroom, however, I adore white cabinets and wood work. Maybe I need to check out your deck! HA HA!