Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Saturday, August 7, 2010

10 Things I Love About Chase

Our sweet baby "Chay" is one week old today.....where did the days go???? This week has been amazing, I can't imagine our family without this special little guy! Some of the things that make him so special:

1. Those unconscious smiles that I believe are from a "milk coma" but still melt my heart.

2. How he curls up like a ball when he's sleeping on my chest and turns his face up to me. I could hold him like that for hours.

3. When he nurses his hand rests on his chest, clasping his shirt displaying contentment.

4. His sweet disposition...he sleeps 2-3 hours very soundly, eats/awake time for 30-60 minutes and is then out again. He rarely cries (will this last?!) He is super calm and content so far.

5. His head full of hair, his Daddy's dimples, that Hudson nose, little toes, 10 long fingers, lips just like Kennedy, dark blue eyes and big squeezable cheeks.

6. His "portability"....we've been busy this week, and he's already had several outings. He's been quite the trooper: riding along for carpool in the mornings and afternoons, grocery shopping, back-to-school shopping and to the County Fair.

Here he is on our trip to the fair. We took two cars; Chase and I stayed a little over an hour.

7. He is proof of God's unending love...

8. He has Kyndal, Corbin and Kennedy wrapped around his tiny finger. They absolutely adore their little brother and they have ALL been the BEST little helpers ever this week. Just what a tired Mommy needs! I have been amazed at their gentleness with him, eagerness to show him off to their friends and caretakers and their delight in holding him every chance they get.
9. The complete dependency he has on me to care for and nourish him....and also the strength he already displays during his tummy time; how he lifts his head and turns side to side and his grunts and "push-ups" (what the kids call them).

Tummy time!

10. How he completes our family. Not just that he "evens" the score, two boys and two girls. But how he fits in so perfectly. He brings a calmness to our home, more love and compassion. It just amazes me how with each child I feel like my heart has grown bigger and bigger...I feel like it could burst. God is so good.

4 comments:

Micah and Darci said...

How wonderful. How blessed. Thanks for sharing God's grace in your life with us.

Jodee said...

What a sweet post for your handsome little man! He was the perfect addition to your family and I love how he "evens" out the team! He is absolutely adorable! Enjoy your time with him! Congratulations!

Kim said...

You are definately blessed! What a sweet little boy you have. It is like you haven't even skipped a beat. Enjoy your time at home with him.

agmommy said...

This would make a great scrapbook layout! I am sooo looking forward to meeting him and seeing you all this weekend! One VERY anxious aunt here!