Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ball Game...

Last night was our annual "YMCA at the Salt Dogs game" night. Last week Casey announced that the Eagles were playing the Chiefs in KS City (my bro-in-law is a HUGE Eagles fan) and this was a once in a lifetime thing. What he didn't realize...it was the same night as the baseball game. Crazy, I know but I gave my blessing for him to go and I did some praying this week that I could handle my crew at the baseball game :o)

The Y provided a Subway sandwich dinner for us before the game. We settled in with our sandwiches and Chase was snatched up right away by some co-workers. The kids played lawn games while I caught up with co-workers I hadn't seen in several weeks.

Then we headed over to the stadium to catch a little of the game. This is the 4th year I believe that we've done this, and we've never made it past the 2nd inning! My kids just can't seem to sit that long! I was hoping to get one inning in, I knew that Chase would need to eat soon. We didn't make it up to our seats as I had the stroller with me so we did watch the 1st inning from the main level and then headed over to the playground area.

It was a zoo! I think my kids would have stayed there the rest of the night, but when Chase woke up I rounded up the crew and we headed home. That was predictably the most stressful part of the evening, mostly my fault because I wanted to make it home before feeding Chase and I was losing my patience. We actually made it 2 minutes from home before Chase had a meltdown. Overall, we survived and had a pretty good evening! I took just a few shots of the crew:Can't help but mention....GO BIG RED!!!! 1st volleyball game is this afternoon and I am looking forward to watching every second of it! Hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Micah and Darci said...

I'm glad you all had fun. I wish I would have been there...

Kim said...

Bummed that I didn't get to talk to you, since Miss Alys decided she had to go to the bathroom. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Jodee said...

Holy cow! You were one brave mama, and I don't believe you that you were losing your patience -- you are always cool, calm and collected! So glad you had a great outing with your crew!

P.S. You also get the wife of the year award! HA HA!