Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Monday, August 9, 2010

The Chain

I began a tradition towards the end of the summer before Kyndal's 1st year of school. In the last few weeks leading up to the 1st day of school we create a "back to school chain." The kids decorate the links and then I write an activity on the inside of each one and staple the links together.We got started a little late this year, I wanted to wait until we were home from the hospital so we didn't have an interruption in our activities. They have almost as much fun making the chain as they do with the activities!

The kids will open up one link each day leading up to the 1st day of school. So far we have gone to the fair, swimming at Star City Shores, and shopping for new shoes, backpacks and lunch boxes. Tonight they are getting haircuts and later this week we will be going on a bike ride, going to kindergarten open house, and grilling hot dogs and making s'mores in our backyard.

1 comment:

Jess said...

What a fun idea! Love the "stair-step" photo of the kids! Just like my family - I'm the oldest and my siblings are boy, girl, boy. :)