Summer

Hudson's Fall 2011

Hudson's Fall 2011
Corbin, Kennedy, Karla, Chase, Casey, Kyndal

Thursday, July 30, 2009

KC's Creations

I'm in disbelief at how fast this summer has gone! Kyndal will be starting 1st grade in less than 3 weeks. We started a tradition last year before Kind.....a "Last days of summer chain". It was fun coming up with all the different things last year and some new ones this year. Kyndal helps make it each year.....she LOVES projects!!! But I don't let her see what I write on the inside. It was harder this year, now that she can read!

To make it, I come up with a list of 20ish things to squeeze in before the end of summer. She cuts out 20 slips of paper and I write one per slip and then link and staple them together to make a chain. I cheat by looking ahead on the calendar to see what we may already have planned (like camping, visiting grandparents, etc.) and plan to where the trip to the zoo, pool and back to school shopping are on weekend days or a day I have off work. Let me know if you want a list of things that we do.

Each morning she gets to read the new link. Some of the things we do as a family, others just her and me or Casey and Kyndal. We do it that day if at all possible, but "life" happens and she's pretty understanding if we have to delay a day!

3 comments:

Jodee said...

What a great idea! Carson would love this!!

Kim said...

Great idea! I agree the summer has gone way too fast. I may cry the first day of 1st grade too. I am taking a few half day off next week to squeeze a few fun summer things in before heading back. Can't wait to ask Kyndal about it!

Family American Style. said...

Very cute, What a great itea. Wow!!! That looks amazing. What a great job you did. It looks like it was worth six months of planning. Hi, Just a friendly reminder about tomorrow. It's another post on “What would your children say?” “Wednesday” It’s going to be fun sharing all those wonderful adventures our children do and say. If you don’t have a kid, feel free to post something about your furry four legged family member. I can’t wait. Please tell us all about them. Hope to see you tomorrow. Go to the logo that says “What would your children say?” “Wednesday”, for full details.